How can we grow in our trust and in turn grow in our joy?
- They are tempted to control.
- “Joy comes to us in moments—ordinary moments. We risk missing out on joy when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.” - Brene Brown
- Genesis 17:16
16 “I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.”
- They are tempted to cynicism.
- Genesis 18:14 “Is anything too hard for the Lord?”
- Genesis 22:2 2 “Then God said, ‘Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.’”